Posted by: Destry. | 2008/07/20

Vitamin P.

Hullo Doc, Will you please tell me about Vit. P?. Health benifits,
If any, and any other relavant information. I must confess I have never heard of it before. thank you.

Dear Destry
According to my sources, vitamin P is another name for rutin, a bioflavonoid. There are claims that it may improve capillary function by reducing abnormal leakage out of the capillaries. Bioflavonoids are found in fruits and vegetables and you can also buy rutin tablets at the pharmacy.

Posted by: Destry. | 2008/07/21

Thank you Doc, I was quite surprised to learn that buckwheat contains Vit P or rutin and it is one of the " B"  vitamins.

Reply to Destry.
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/07/21

Neither have I and its not listed in my book so I suppose it doesn' t exist.

Reply to Zexeon