Question
Posted by: happy | 2004/12/07

visting gyne while preggie

I am 8 weeks preggie and the doc says I should see her again at the end of Jan. My hubby is really concered that I should be seeing her sooner - I think that maybe he just wants more scan pics :) How often should I be seeing her?

You should see your doctor around 12-13 weeks again.

5
Posted by: Sally | 2004/12/08

It depends on your age, your medical history, your overall health, and where you stay, e.g. if you stay in Grahamstown and your nearest gynaecologist is in East London or Port Elizabeth, then your visits will, of necessity, be far and few between, but you will hopefully see your GP in between the visits to the specialist.

The specialist is probably going away over the Festive Season, hence the long gap between visits. Hopefully, it is not the norm.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Sally | 2004/12/08

It all depense on your Gyne. I had a miscarrage and I went every month just to make sure everything was fine with my little one and believe me it makes you feel better knowing and seeing your little one

Reply to Sally
Posted by: MEIDE | 2004/12/07

HI Happy,

I am also 8 weeks , I saw my gynae when I was 6 weeks and I am going to see him again when I am 13 weeks which is the first week of January. So do not worry relax and enjoy your pregnancy

Reply to MEIDE
Posted by: JJ | 2004/12/07

Hi Happy,

I am 11 weeks pregnant. I saw my gynae for the first time when I was 9 weeks and I will be seeing her again when I am 13 weeks, you should normally see your gynae once a month.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, don't forget to take your folic acid.

Take care

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/12/07

Usually during the first and second trimester, your gynae visists are 6 weeks apart, unless you are high risk. After 2nd trimester it moves to 4 weeks then two weeks then the last couple of weeks it is every week.

Reply to Jj@