Question
Posted by: col | 2003/03/20

Visits to Gynae in pregnancy

This is my second baby and I'm 18 weeks at the moment. I have a new Gynae and he is great. He does a scan at every visit as well as Urine and blood pressure checks but hasn't done any other checks, no internals or anything like that that I remember from the first pregnancy with a diff gynae. Is the scan enough? I'm just a bit concerned that there should be other things he should be checking or am I paranoid? I've also lost 3kgs since my first visit but he is not concerned about it. Should we be?

An internal examination is not necessary at this stage unless there is a problem with the pregnancy. The checks you are having are fine. The weight loss is slightly concerning. Are you eating properly? Having said this, as long as the baby is growing (which will be known from the scans), there is no need to worry.

1
Posted by: ss | 2003/03/20

HI THIS IS MY SECOND BABY I AM NOW 38 WEEKS PREGNANT. AND ALL I KNOW IS THAT REGULAR SCANS AT EVERY VISIT AND BLOOD AND URINE TESTS ARE ENOUGH. I REALLY DONT THINK INTERNAL EXAMINATIONS ARE NECESSARY

GOOD LUCK

Reply to ss