Question
Posted by: Tersia | 2004/10/21

Virus in ear

Hi. I have been diagnosed with a virus in my right ear (don't know the name of it) and lost my hearing in my ear. According to an Ear Specialist, they can not give me any treatment as I am 11 weeks pregnant. I would like to know it this virus could effect my pregnancy and it this permanent? Is there really no other way that I could get help or treatment??

Tersia, I can’t give you any guarantees from this side of the screen, but it is highly unlikely that the virus will affect your baby or cause permanent hearing problems. It will probably clear up by itself, so don’t worry too much. Good luck.