Question
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2010/04/12

Virus and depression

It is definitely due to the virus that I am feeling depressed again. I am really not a depressed person, I got depression after my open-heart surgeries Mar. 2008 and the last one Nov 2009. I am 34 yrs old and I was feeling better on the Cipralex and my friend is a Social Worker and I speak to her often, but she feels that I am not looking after my health and that I should seek Medical advice from a Specialist Physician.

So I have a friendly ear on a daily basis, but I don''t have the luxury of time and rest and have a busy job and 2 small kiddies that needs me. That is the only reason why I am still holding on.

Is there anything more that any Doc can do for me to help me get rid of the virus? If I can feel better physically, then I can get out of this depressed mood that I am in at the moment.

Thanks CS. It helps to talk to you to and to vent a bit.

Major surgery, injury, and many medical illnesses are depressing, and especially if we are vulnerable, can promote a depression. I hope you will soon find even more good reasons to "hold on". With most of these illnesses, the virus itself goes fairly soon, and the next task is for the body to heal itself from the effects. Whether there's more a doc can do will depend on the results of his assessment.

1