Question
Posted by: zunaid | 2004/10/21

Viral Infection/Cold In Body

I had a stapadectomy opp. on my left ear, no improvement after opp. thereafter went for second opp. to widen ear canal. A year later during winter lost hearing in both ears, doctor advised that it could be a cold in my body or viral infection. Scan results were fine, still hear buzzing sounds, using a hearing aid in left ear. Will I ever get my hearing back & whose the best E.N.T. Specialist to consult with in Gauteng.

Expert ImageHearing Loss

"Thanks for your question. Will you please post this question to CyberDoc or our Hearing Care Expert? These experts will be able to help with the medical aspects of your problem."

1
Posted by: ced | 2005/04/26

Hi.I just had a stapadectomy done on my right ear.I have to return in a week to have the stitches removed.I consulted Dr Hockman ,but had the OP done by Dr Van Schalkwyk,at Garden City.Which Dr did you have your Op done by ?

Reply to ced