Question
Posted by: Ola | 2006/11/13

Viral infection of liver

Good day Doc,
About 2 years ago I had a viral infection of the liver (Hepatitis A). Up to today, if I perhaps overeat or eat to much rich foods I get very sick at the right hand side of my stomach (just below my breast). The pain is so severe, sharp and unbearable. Is there any medication I can take to stop this from happening in the future and why after 2 years do I still get these symptoms. It lasts for up to about 2 days in which I cannot even eat or drink anything as foods and liquids will just aggravate the pain. It does not happen that often anymore though. My last one was last week and perviously was about six months ago.

Dear Ola
Your symptoms sound more like gallbladder problems - ask your GP to check your liver functions with a blood test and to send you for a gall bladder sonar - you may have stones blocking the duct.