Question
Posted by: bonni | 2004/01/11

viral endocarditis

Hi I've been diagnosed with viral endocarditis, and have been told it is essential that I rest, is there any other thing that I could to speed up the healing process, and are there any long term complications. A response would be most appreciated
thanks

Bonni, it’s very important that you don’t exert yourself. The endocarditis will clear up by itself, but if you damage the heart by exerting yourself, it won’t heal again. All you have to do is rest and follow a healthy diet and you should be OK. Good luck.