Question
Posted by: Lynette | 2008/07/01

Vicks Vaporub for dry lips

Me and my husband use Vicks on our lips every evening before we go to bed. It really soothes dry lips.

I just want to know if it's good for you in the long run? Won't it start affecting your brain if you put it on your lips every evening and you inhale the vapours while you sleep?

Hi Lynette
Vaseline or lipice would probably work just as well - Vicks is just vaseline with aromatic oils Levomenthol (2.75% w/w), camphor (5.00% w/w), eucalyptus oil (1.50% w/w) and turpentine oil (5.00% w/w) Thymol, nutmeg oil, cedarwood oil.