Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2007/03/02

Vibrations

we have new machines at our gym - kind of like vibrating tables. Are these any good? how long and how many times must we use it in order to be effective (assuming that diet is right)

HI Jessica

I'm not 100% convinced that weight loss is going to be very successful on those machines. They have most definitely got some practical applications and in fact they could one day prove to be very useful and widely used for rehab after injuries and for developing posture strength and stability. But when it comes to weight loss, there are far better machines to be using like the treadmill and the bike and so on. So while you can definitely use it and try to get the most out of what the gym offers, I would not do so at the expense of the classic machines, and the regular cardio training.

Ross