Question
Posted by: Vlooi | 2007/04/26

Vets Choice

My dogs ate a little of the contaminated batch of Vets Choice. (8 March 2007 batch). I took it back to the vet and they replaced it. However, I decided not to continue with Vets Choice as I do not trust this anymore. They are now eating Eucanuba Medium.

Will this little amount (about 5 days in a self feeder with soft Apol dog food - chuncks in gravy in the evenings) have any bad effect on them. At the moment they do not present any symptoms. They eat well and their coats are still shiny.

Do you think that I have anything to worry about. Must I take them, especially our Border Collie who ate the most to the vet for testing or can I just keep a close look at their condition?

Thank you for your service, it is much appreciated.

If the dogs have eaten some of the Vet Choice manufactured between 8 March and 11 April 2007 then it is advisable to have the renal screening test done. As you are probably aware Royal Canin is compensating pet owners . vets for these tests. If the test is done and all is negative there should not be cause to worry. If you don't have the test done you will continually have the question "will they be OK?" in your mind.

I would have thought that of all the food available Vets Choice will be the least likely to be problematic as their testing will be extremely refined now.

1
Posted by: jax | 2007/05/03

After the way the whole Menu Foods debacle in the US was handled, I was really impressed with the way Royal Canin has acted with this.
I have gone back to feeding Vets Choice now that it is available again - as CV says, think it will be the safest for a long time now.

Reply to jax