Question
Posted by: Kate | 2006/11/10

Vets Bills Continued

I have a suggestion - Why not use a portion of your "Xmas Bonus" to have your animals microchipped and then start 1 Jan on a pet medical aid?
This is what I plan to do this year for my 2 Jack Russells (Basher just cost me about R2 000 over the last 3 weeks as he picked up hookworm)
To date this year I have spent close on R15 000 on vets bills, deworming, flea control and food.

Thanks Kate. That is a good idea.

2
Posted by: Blaah | 2006/11/10

I have a debit order on my account that goes into a seperate saving account (32 day call account) every month an amount of money is automatically taken from my account

i use this money for emergencies etc

when i need it i have it transfered into my credit card to pay for the unexpected expense (please note i keep my credit card paid off it is for emergencies only).

some banks the 32 day period can be swayed at no extra cost

PS don't get me started on how much i have spent on my babies this year :)
we keep all the invoices on file to refer back in shock

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: sun | 2006/11/10

What is an Xmas bonus? LOL! But serious - a very good idea and a person will feel the monthly contribution much less than one huge vet's bill. My vet is very accommodating - he sometimes do not charge for a consultation/medication/hospital fees if you have had a run of bad luck. He will always take in strays and keep them until the SPCA can collect and does a lot of voluntary work in the area. I have his cell number on my phone as you can phone him day and night if you have an emergency and he always available.

Reply to sun