Question
Posted by: fifi | 2007/08/05

very worried, pls advise!

hi doc! had a baby 4mnts ago nd curntly breastfed, during pregnancy devlpd very bad acne under chin nd in my neck. after birth went2 da doc and he gave an antibiotic cyclidox whilst taking these tabs i devlpd a huge lump in my breast it doesnt hurt all da time so it cums and goes. but it hurts so much whn i feed baby. pls advise (its only da rite breast

Dear Fifi
You probably have an infection in one of the milk glands. Try putting heat on, and ask your doctor to give you a course of Amoxil - if it does not improve you may need a sonar. I would rather avoid cyclidox while breastfeeding - it is not good for baby. Rather use a topical (lotion type) antibiotic like Eryderm?