Question
Posted by: sharne | 2008/05/30

Very worried

i am 19 turning 20 this year and have suffered from bulimia since I was 14.My back is in absolute agony, I click so much that I frighten people and quite frankly i am quite scared as to what I have done to my body if im this sore all the time. Is there anything I can take or anywhere I can go to be clicked or help this uncomfortable feeling. What does this all mean and is there any treatment or way of checking how bad it actually is?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Sharne
You need a good physical examination as well as x-rays to determine the cause of your back discomfort. Please make an appointment with your doctor to have this done. He can alos then refer you to a good physiotherapist/ bio-kineticist if he thinks it can help. I can unfortunately not make an informed comment based on the symptoms you describe. I know you are a little scared as to what the doctor may say, but do yourself a favour and have this done sooner rather than later. It may be nothing and then you have been worried for nothing, or it may be something small that they can fix!