Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/03

VERY VERY URGENT PLS

hi doc,
i nEED to know asap what my condition is. i had unprotected sex yesterday morning around 7am. i haven't been able to take the morning after pill. when is the cut off time so that i don't fall preg. as in within how many hours am i to take the morning after pill so that i don't fall preg.
the second question is, it is effective and which is the best.
here's my brief cycle: i was on my periods from 25/12/2007 - 28/12/2007. am i still safe considering that i had sex within the 7 days after my periods.

i'd really appreciate ur prompt response. thank you

tThe morning after pill must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse and is 90 -100% effective. You did not have sex in your fertile period, but ovulation somentimes occurs at unexcpected times, so it is best to take the morning after pill.

2
Posted by: anxious | 2008/01/04

thnk you

Reply to anxious
Posted by: fifi | 2008/01/03

The morning-after pill must be taken no later than 72hours after unprotected sex, but the earlier you take it the better is your chances of not falling pregnant. The morning-after pill is not 100 per cent effective, but the failure rate is quite low. It's probably about 10 per cent failure.

Reply to fifi