Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2007/03/12

Very very Urgent!!!!

I had my MMR (mumps,measles and Rubella) vaccine on the 25th of January. The Doctor is doing the Insimination tomorrow. Is that enough time after the vaccine? Will my baby be OK if I become pregnant?

The recommendation from the CDC is that you wait 3 months after the vaccine before becoming pregnant. This is probably a precaution rather than due to any proof of damage if it happens earlier.

4
Posted by: niri | 2007/03/13

hi there, i just visited my gynae on sat the 10/03/07 and she said i have to wait 3 months after the vaccine to fall pregnant.

Reply to niri
Posted by: wondering | 2007/03/12

I just read on the internet that a month after the vaccine is fine. So I feel a bit better. I know my Gynea knows what she's doing, but I did doubt a bit. My GP kept on telling me I mustn't get pregnant 3 months after the vaccine.

Reply to wondering
Posted by: Wondering | 2007/03/12

I did tell her at my first appointment . And my GP did send her all the paperwork. I told my GP that I want to become pregnant via Insimination. And she did all the necessary bloodtest. That is how she picked up that I don't have the Rubella anti bodies. So she send everything to the Gynae...

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Helene | 2007/03/12

Have u told the doc doing the insemination about the vaccine? Phone him today and get absolute peace of mind. You cannot have the insemination until you get a clear answer on this one. Its simply not worth any potential risk.

Reply to Helene