Posted by: VERY URGENT | 2009/09/15


I am a first timer at pregnancy. I am now 6 weeks. . . Since Monday the 14 August. i have been suddenly getting cramps, (Mild ones that come and go) but similar to period pains). Should i worry?

I dont have a gynea and i know i should take some meds, when should i take them? and how do i find a gynea?

Please advice me

thanks alot

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Mild cramps are common in early pregnancy.
You should be taking folate tablets. Your GP can refer you to a gynaecologist.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pregnant | 2009/09/15

If you havn' t comfirmed your pregancy yet with the Doctor/ Gynae you need to do so, so s/he can put you on pregnancy supplements.

Good luck

Reply to Pregnant
Posted by: 22 weeks preg | 2009/09/15

Do not worry, i had the same thing and am now 22 weeks pregnant. The uterus is changing and you will get period like pains. However if you start any bleeding or are in extreme pain i would go straight to a gynae / doc.

Reply to 22 weeks preg

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.