Question
Posted by: Tas | 2004/01/13

Very tired of always being on diet

I have been on weight watchers for almost 2 years now. I lost 15 kgs and looked great. When I hit the 15 kg mark, it is almost as if my body gave up, no more weight loss for me. I picked up 3.5 kgs since then and no matter what I do, how good I eat, exercise the whole toot, I don't weight. I am so tired of constantly being on diet and looking after what I eat, I just look at something wrong and I pick up the weight. My BMI is 27 so I know that I need to loose at least 8kgs. Also what worries me is that my husband and I decided to fall pregnant this year, how hard will it be then to loose the weight again.

Dear Tas
Firstly congratulations for losing those 15 kg - that is a wonderful achievement. If you have stuck to your diet and exercised and do not lose weight, then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup to see if you are not suffering from a hormone imbalance (thyroid, insulin and female hormones). Have the checkup before you fall pregnant as it will be more difficult to lose weight during and after pregnancy and it is always desirable to start a pregnancy with a normal BMI.
Holding thumbs that you can pinpoint what is preventing you from losing the last kgs and then fall pregnant.