Question
Posted by: angela | 2007/12/11

Very sore mouth,throat,glands

Hi Doctor
On Sunday I had a fever and aching skin and I felt really pap. My glands were swollen and I felt sick. I went to the GP yesterday who gave me Zinnat and Andolex throat spray and was told that by today I would be feeling 100% better. Not true, my throat is very very sore and I have like ulcers in my mouth. I can't eat anything as it is too painful. Must I just keep on taking panado for the pain or what must I do?

Hi Angela
It sometimes take 24 - 48 hours before you even start feeling better on the antibiotics. Try taking Disprin every 6 hours for the sore throat if you are not allergic to aspirin, and use kenalog in orobase on the sores in your mouth. Get yourself some Nutramen-T powder to mix into milk to drink if you can't eat, but see to it that you take in enough fluids.
If by Thursday morning you still feel like this, rather go back for a follow-up examination. Hope he booked you off!

2
Posted by: Big Boy | 2008/10/14

The soar on throat lasted for 2 months which antibiotics can I use.

Reply to Big Boy
Posted by: mom | 2008/01/11

do i need a prescription for kenalog in orobase?

Reply to mom