Question
Posted by: Shirls | 2006/07/21

Very Sore, HELP!

I suffer from diverticolosis, but have had colon problems for many years. In recent weeks I have been getting seriously painful stabs in my left lower back, and in my appendix area. I have been told that this could be related to my colon? Could this be? the pain is really bad and restricts free movement because of the level of pain that I experience. It feels crippling sometimes and I double up in pain especially with the pain in the appendix area. The pain in my lower back actually causes the pain down my left leg which even makes it difficult to walk. Please Help!

Hi Shirls
It could be your colon but it could also be a kidney stone. I think you must go to your doctor.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2006/07/21

Your pain on your right is unlikely to be related to your colon. I say this because colon related pain seems to be only on your left side - I was recently diagnosed with IBS and my doctor seemed to focus on the fact that my pain that I have been having was colon related as it was only on my left side. Your lower back pain might also not be related to your colon trouble - it sounds more like maybe a pinched nerve/back trouble especially when you say the pain radiates down your left leg (this can be a sure sign of nerve or slipped disc trouble).

Have this checked out by your gp. Don't carry on suffering!

.

.

Reply to anxious