Question
Posted by: NutMeg | 2003/12/08

Very Sensitive Breasts

I have swopped from Nordette to Yasmin, I've been on Nordette for 2 years and now on Yasmin for 3 months. I have not really experienced any side effects from the above bcp's.

I went to my GP about a month ago with severe earache and she gave me antibiotics (containing Penicillin). I did have unprotected sex in that time and I am aware that the pill was inactive.

I did however have my periods about a week and a half ago, 1 day heavy and 2 days very light discharge (very strange as I usually bleed quite heavily for a few days).

The problem now is that I have extremely sensitive, sore and full breasts (the pain shoots up from the sides), I have never experienced this before and I usually don't have tender breasts before or after my periods.

I have also been slightly nauseous for the past couple of weeks but I don't know if the cause is the diarohea that I've had. Although the diarrohea has recently subsided the nausea has just gotten worse.

Is it normal to all of a sudden experience this kind of breast pain after one's periods? Is it possible to be pregnant even though one has had a 'short' period?

Thanks, NutMeg

If you had a shorter period than usual, pregnancy is a possibility. What is more likely though is that these are side effects of the new pill.