Question
Posted by: nikita | 2005/01/11

very sad--please help urgently

please help me ,i was taken to hospital on sat and was told i have had a miscarrige--i didnt even know i was pregnant --the moment i was told it broke me,how do i deal with this ,my heart is breaking ,is this normal considering i did not know that i was pregnant?why does it affect me so much if i did not know or plan to get preggies?i cant stop crying-i have to feel better before i pick my daughter up from school-she is way to small to understand that mommy is sad.
help me,please

Dear nikita, so very sorry to hear your sad news. Grief is a complex challenge, especially when it relates to something so unexpected and related to so many personal issues. This is within the range of normal. Do consider seeing a proper counsellor, even if only for a couple of sessions ; and talk it through, more immediately, with family or friends. Moms should be good at helping in this sort of situation, if accessable.
And, as our friends say, you can explain to your daughter, that Mom isn't feeling well today, and has had some bad news, which makes you feel sadm but that this will improve --- and that nothing is her fault, and you love her very much.

2
Posted by: N | 2005/01/11

Hi nikita

Firstly, what you are feeling is normal.Remember whether planned or not, you have experienced a significant loss.Stop asking why you feeling the way you are.The sooner you accept the way you're feeling, the sooner you'll feel better.
Dont be afraid to talk to other people.You also might want to sit down with you little daughter and calmly explain to her why mommy's not feeling too well.
You may also want to seek professional counselling.

Good luck.

Reply to N
Posted by: lele | 2005/01/11

I think the best option for you is to just seek professional councelling. If you are still with your partner who fathered the child, talk to him about this and you are most probably going to get support from him. Another source of support is your family, in particular your moms. Talk to her and I assure you, you will feel a little bit better. You could also get your friend, or a family member to assit you with your daughter during this time, until you have things under control. Hope this helps.

Reply to lele