Question
Posted by: Daughter | 2004/11/08

VERY SAD NEWS- I might die

Earlier this morning my sister phoned to tell me my very own father raped my elder sister's daughter, she is only 16 years old and my devil father is 66 yrs. When my mohter questioned her she said it was not the first time my father does that to her. So my sister said my mother was in terrible shock to learn this.

I'm sorry I can't write further, I'm sitll shocked and crying , maybe i'll be fine later on the day so will post agian. I trusted my father and loved him very much.

Dear D, this must have been a terrible shock for you all. But don't die, your strength will be needed to help your mother, your sister, and the young girl, to get through the difficult times ahead. It is a shock to discover that your father was untrustworthy and has done something so terrible, and more than once, it seems. He must be reported to the police, as this sort of behaviour cannot be tolerated or accepted ; and let the law take it's course. At least that way be may have, compulsorily, to get some psychological help to understand why he has been doing something so evil, and to see if he can find the strength to learn how to prevent himself from doing this ever again. Make sure that the girl, and you and your family, so far as possible, receive counselling to help you come to terms with this awful realization.

5
Posted by: Horrified | 2004/11/08

You know what the saddest thing is... Lady Nina, you too have been a victim. My point is this type of thing seems to be happening more often than not. Maybe I live in a lala world of fantasy but divorce (my story), rape, abuse, trauma, etc are seeming to become the norm. Guys what is happening in life? Is anyone ok anymore?

Reply to Horrified
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/08

hi there

i'm so sorry about the devastating news you received, as a victim myself i can somehow feel your fears and pain

but there is hope! things will get worse before they get better but IT WILL GET BETTER, it all depends on everyones attitudes... life give us knocks and we experience terrible pain but girl pain is not your enemy here, the reason we experience pain is to make us gorw and change into better, stronger people, but if you fight this change you will end up being crushed and hurt, change will happen no matter what you do or what your attitude , the best advice i can give you is have a positive attitude allow pain to be your teacher and be a willing student,

there is hope girl, the members of my family that allowed this terrible thing to change us into better people are all healed and closer than every before, we chose to forgive and put this behind us, using it as a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block

take care

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/08

Hi D,

This is shocking news to anyone. I pray God gives you the strength you need & know that you are in my thoughts. I will strongly suggest that you be there for your niece, & asap introduce counselling. Although I will say that you need to suggest to your niece that she report the incident/s to the authority, I will also suggest that you keep her decision in mind. But the immediate step is go for counselling. Your mum will also need you guys as she maybe quite shattered at the moment. Please do not alienate her...

I really do not know what else to say D, just try be strong...

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: D nice | 2004/11/08

Dear daughter
Is going to be okay you see,at this moment things seem very grey and very very painful but as time goes on all of you are going to be fine, am just glad someone notice before it was too late because something similar also happened to me as well when i was 14 years and nobody knew about it until a few days back when i started talking about it with Inc,my parents still doen't know but pls make sure you niece is well taken care of and pls try and tell her there is nothing wrong with her that she is still beautiful and loved and supported by all of you.

Reply to D nice
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/11/08

This is very sad, I am so sorry your family has to go through this, this should not happen to anyone. May God give you all the strength to get through this, especially your eldest sister's daughter and your sister. I hope you won't leave it there and that you will take your Dad to court, I know it is difficult but needs to be done.
Take Care

Reply to Beyond Tired