Question
Posted by: DM | 2004/11/15

Very sad and depressed

I've just received a very bad news that my cousin has passed away, she was 14 weeks preggies and suffered from headache and difficult breathing, she was admitted in hospital for a week. she is survived by her husband and daughter (7yrs). (she was 26yrs)

Her death left the whole family traumatised, I can't help my self thinking that I will never see her again. I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I'm always in tears.

DM

Dear DM, so sorry to hear this awful news. All grief is tough to cope with, and especially so when you've lost a young person, unexpectedly, in especially sad circumstances. You won't lose your mind, though it may feel that way at first. Explore the availability of grief counselling, perhaps through your local hospice, to help you deal with your grief ( which takes 6 to 9 months at least to lessen usefully ) and to enable you to be more helpful to her husband and child. Don't be afraid of crying.

6
Posted by: DM | 2004/11/15

Thanks a million

Reply to DM
Posted by: Also lost someone dear | 2004/11/15

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. And I agree with Mona, that you cry.
Keep well.

Reply to Also lost someone dear
Posted by: DM | 2004/11/15

To Mona

They said its related to Neumonia/ bronchitis

Reply to DM
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/15

If i may ask, what did the doctors say was the actual cause of death?

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/15

I'm so sorry for your loss. Loosing a loved one is very traumatic, the finality of death is very hard for us to deal with. You have to be strong for your cousins husband and little girl. They are use to having her in their presence 24/7, and this must have come as a great shock to you all. Crying is a good way to get all those emotions out, so dont hold back. If you feel like it, write her a letter and tell her all the things that was unsaid, and the way you are feeling about loosing her. Once again, my deepest sympathies.

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/15

Hi DM,

Death is a very difficult episode to get through. You are entitled to feel the way you do. Hopefully you recognise that you need to be strong for the husband & daughter as I can only imagine how they must be taking it...

I can only offer you my sympathies at present, as I seem to be quite lost for words...

Take Care DM,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun