Question
Posted by: DeeDee | 2004/10/21

VERY Red face when I do exercise

Hi Doc,
Thank-you so much for this wonderful website! I'm sure you have helped out ALOT of people! Well Done!!

My question:
Whenever I do any sort of exercise my face goes BLOOD RED.
Much redder than anyone else I've ever seen.
I am quite fit, even when I was at school and VERY fit my face would do the same. I do have fair skin.

I don't have any health problems with this and it does go back to normal after a while.
But I was just wondering if there was anything that I could do to calm it down a tad.
I do get embarrassed a bit when I'm the only one that looks like my head is going to explode!

I really appreciate it!
- DeeDee

DeeDee, do you take any medicines or supplements? Do you have any disorders like blood pressure or blood sugar problems? Do you have any other symptoms? Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Lady | 2004/10/24

I also find my face goes red very easily! I'm also very fit and find it embarressing because you look like you never do exercise, but I think it is just good blood circulation in the skin and that your cappilaries are closer to the surface. Im not fair skinned, but have quite transparent skin and veins are quite easily seen through. You might have the same...

Reply to Lady
Posted by: Corné | 2004/10/22

Me too!!! And it stays red for hours afterwards. I'm 27, fit & also fair-skinned. Would love to get an answer!!

Reply to Corné