Question
Posted by: MGM | 2004/10/13

Very Painfull sore nipples

Good day, I have never had this problem and I think it started round about my pregnancy about 2-3 years ago. My youngest child is now 2 years old. My husband cannot touch my nipples - I want to scream that is how painful it is. It is really terribly awful. But otherwise I have no pain there - if I touch/rub over it lightly there is no pain. The other day my son by accident grabbed onto my breast/nipple and it was so painful. I don't understand this - why have I never had this problem before in all my life - this is my second marriage - we've been together for 4 years and I have NEVER EVER had this pain with my former husband or boyfriends. Is it the way my husband touch my nipples - by grabbing, pulling the whole nipple and aerola - he likes to make the nipples standup. I really want to scream of pain whenever he does that. There is no discharge or anything from my breast. I have never breastfed my 2 children - because it was to painful - my nipples - I want to scream of the pain and it feels exactly the same way when my husband touch my nipples - the same pain as when breastfeeding. I have tried it now - very softly pulling my nipple behind the aerola (brown part) where my husband grabs and it is awful, just a terrible irritating feeling!! Please help because it is driving me up the walls.

MGM, you might just have very sensitive nipples and then your husband will just have to treat them with more respect. The whole idea with stimulating your nipples is to make it pleasurable for you, not to make them stand up.
The problems is that it might be due to an underlying problem and that’s why the best would be to see a surgeon and have him make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.