Question
Posted by: Alan | 2005/07/25

very painful feet cant hardly walk

I thought it was gout as it started in my second toe now it all underneath on my soles gout tablets did not help.I hardly drink alchole could you give me any idea what the problem is I work and my age is 57

Expert ImageArchive

If you treated it as gout and that hasnt heped then it is fair to assume that it isnt gout. But there are many different diagnoses that can begin in the second toe some more serious than others. The pain in the rest of the foot can be referred pain or ompensatory pain as you are limping.
please get to a podiatrist or an orthopaedic surgeon
Call The South African Podiatry assn 0861 100249

1
Posted by: garth | 2005/08/01

It sound like Plantars //......ficasia (something like that)
I did the "right" thing to go to a podiatrist... what a desastar....
He wanted to give me inner soles but he did not have a clue as to what is happening. i demanded my money back and was going to report him to the Health council. He did not even take exrays... he "knew" what the problem was and R356-00 later.
i then saw a specialist in (feet) and he took exrays...he said a little bone is growing - they illl have to cut it out. the operation will not be big - but cast on for 6 weeks - which i could not do. then i went to my friend who's a GP and said - come on, get the cortosone injection out. BUT FIRST LOCAL - then the cortosone. I can recommend this to any body... I had this done 2 x in 12 months. This started again after 6 months - i went back and i can walk again. don't let them operate. go for the cortosone. believe me, it work wonders. specially after been seeted for a while, the minute i used to get up, i could hardly walk. I'm also 56..

Reply to garth