Question
Posted by: CG | 2005/07/06

Very painful breasts

I've been having terrible breast pains since the age of 17, I'm now 25 and the pain is still there esp in the night I can't sleep. Especially my upper breast towards my armpit the pain is unbearable its like a burning sensation.I've no lumps its just the pain and no discharge as well. Please note doc its alomost every day of my life suffering from these pains. Please advice I'm so stressed is there something i can take for this terrible pain I'm desparate, Also lately my nipple ithces so much just on my right breast esp in the morning when i work up. What could it be

Many Thanks

CG, the best person to see with mastalgia (pain in the breasts) is a surgeon. There are numerous causes for mastalgia and most of them are fairly easy to treat. I know that in the back of your mind you’re worried about cancer, but mastalgia is seldom the presenting symptom in someone with cancer. The same goes for your itchy nipple – it might be due to cancer, but it doesn’t have to be. The best would be to see the surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.