Question
Posted by: LL | 2007/06/11

Very old male dog....???? hanging jewels

My dog that has been with the family for years is struggling to walk... I am sure it's due to old age.... But I am sure it's also got to do with his "testicles" They are swollen, hanging, looks a bit inflammed, skin is like hard hard and sort of scally....

I am not sure what to do for him.... Plz advise?

Please have your vet examine your pet. In older dogs there are sometimes diseases that lead to scrotal and or testicular swelling. Your vet will be able to tell you if there is something that can be done for him. It maybe that he needs to be neutered to resolve the situation.

6
Posted by: Ron | 2007/06/15

It is only a f uckin dog. Chill u must b one helluva dumb -|- . Go -|- ur dog sick freak.

Reply to Ron
Posted by: WR | 2007/06/12

Well said Chill!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2007/06/11

If your dog is uncomfortable enough to not be able to walk properly, AND his testicles are swollen and inflammed - then why are you wasting time writing to an internet forum?

Your dog is in pain, he is possibly ill, and it is your duty to take him to the vet TODAY. Surely you must know this?

Natasha: I wish your dad said something about your dog's 'pride' being damaged around me - I would have taken some trouble to explain to him that most of the reason people don't have their male dogs neutered is because it is the OWNER'S so-called 'pride' that's at stake. Many men are so insecure that they think they even have to protect their DOG'S virility in order to make an impression on the world..... how dumb is that?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Youls | 2007/06/11

Take him to the vet immediately!!!!! He could be in pain.

Reply to Youls
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/06/11

I would suggest taking him to the vet. I had an old daxie who had a similar sounding thing, and it turned out that due to the fact that we had not had him neutered, his one testicle had crystalised with age. It was very sore for him. He had to have his tescile removed at the age of 12, which was quite dicey. But he was fine afterwards even though my dad said his "pride was damaged"
I am not suggesting that your boy has the same problem, but I think a visit to the vet would be a very good idea.

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: WR | 2007/06/11

Hi there,

Get the dog to a Vet.

Reply to WR