Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2007/04/05

Very low self-confidence

Good day,
I'm in my late 20's and I have very little self-confidence. I have an honnours degree and I'm well qualified, but whenever I have to do something new, I get highly stressed out, I get anious and nervous and I constantly think about what I have to do.
I was never like this when I was younger, I use to be a go-getter. I want to change my attitude and outlook on life but I don't seem to be able to. Do you have any advice

Sounds like you have some form of anxiety disorder, Nicole, and this can usually be remedied quicker than you think with poper CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy _ oriented counselling, and perhaps some medication. That you used to be positively different from this is promising, as you should readily be able to get back to being as well as you ever were, and potentially better than that.