Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/02/09

Very long period

Hi, I am 27, and have been on the injection (contraception) for almost 3 yrs now. The first year my period was normal, then it changed to nothing, but the past year every three months I get a period which lasts about 3 weeks. First 2 weeks very light, only during the day, the last week almost normal. Why is that? (Injection is Nur. Ist.)

The bleeding pattern on Nuristerate varies from person to person. In your case it has probably thinned the womb lining so there is not enough to bleed every month, but only from time to time when there has been some build up of the womb lining.