Question
Posted by: Liesl24 | 2005/11/24

Very light period

I have been on the pill for about 7 years (I am 30).
For the past 3 months I have had very light periods (in total about half of a tampon each period) with a darkish/brown colour and it lasts amax 2 days. This is not what I am normally used to (usually normal to heavy and lasts about 4 days).

What could be causing this and should I go and check this out with my GP?

The Pill does lessen periods by thinning out the uterine lining, particularly if you have used it for a long time.

1
Posted by: Liesl24 | 2005/11/28

Hi Gynaedoc,
I checked it out with my GP and she also said that approx 10% of women on the pill (especially Femodine and Melodine) eventually stop their period. This does not affect your general health or fertility.
Liesl

Reply to Liesl24