Question
Posted by: MommyWannaB | 2008/01/31

Very late menstruation

I'm on day 52 of my cycle ,but I'm still waiting to menstrate.
I went to the Gynae on day 28 of my cycle and everything looked OK.
He gave me a supscription of 100mg Fertomid to use on day 4.But I can't use it if I dont menstrate.
He gave me then a prescription of Duphaston (5 PILLS).
How long untill I menstruate?

Did HPT on 21 and 28 Jan. but it was Neg.

What now?

Dear MommyWannaB

The possibility of an ovarian cyst should seriously be considered. You should certainly return to the Gynaecologist so that he may scan you and exclude this possibility. Usually, after progestin therapy (eg.duphaston, provera etc) bleeding may be expected within the first week. Should no bleeding occur within this time than it would be necessary again to consult with your Gynaecologist as the problem may well be a lot more serious than simple ovulatory dysfunction. Also, the possiblity of a delayed pregnancy should still be excluded and I would recommend that the blood pregnancy test be done at this stage.

1
Posted by: trysie | 2008/02/01

hi,
i think that you are not ovulationg and now you are so very late, you should go back to your gyne so that he can give you some pills so that you can start your cycle and also check for a cyct.

good luck i know you probely cant wait to start with your fertomid !

so good luck to you girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to trysie