Question
Posted by: Jay | 2004/09/28

Very itchy anus

I have a very itchy bum. I have dewormed myself and all my family but it never helped. Now when I got to the toilet there is one area that is very tender and sometimes bleeds a little birght red blood. I don't think it is hemorhoids as there is no lumps. I am very embarassed to consult my GP as I have just started seeing a new one. Please help as the itching is even waking me in the night. Thanks

Jay, I wrote something on this a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.