Question
Posted by: sicknpreg | 2008/01/04

very ill in first trimester

im 7 weeks andmorning sickness is too much for me, although i have managed to avoid vomiting,the nausea is so bad all i can do is lie down. i can barely eat, managing only a few bites on dinner and 2 slices of bovril toast a day. i seem to have no alleviation from it and it is really concerning me. im feeling incredibly tired as well. im managing to drink water, but not much else.
i also had a dark yellow discharge two days ago, which seems to have eased and a few days before that brown spotting. i cant get in with a gynae for a few weeks and the doc i am seeing seems completely useless.
i am in a complete state becayse of this.

Sometimes morning sickness requires admission if you are dehydrated. It sounds like you are managing to retain fluids though. You can ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Vomifene. The bleeding should be assessed with a scan. Change your doctor if you are not happy.

2
Posted by: kitkat | 2008/01/05

there is a range of morning sickness "cures" such as eating watermelon and drinking ginger tea / eating ginger biscuits etc. you can also try any watery fruit (melons are good) as these help keep hydration levels up. try sucking an ice cube. There are also ginger lollipops that you can get from pick n pay that sometimes help.

You can take a suppository for nausea but i think you need a gynae to prescribe it. If you can, take a vitamin supplement with folic acid as this is essential for baby's development and will make up for any vitamins you may be losing due to not eating much. But don't worry if you can't eat much as you will not harm baby in any way.

on the extreme tiredness, this is also normal and will pass in time. not much you can do here except take your vitamins and get as much sleep as you can.

Increased discharge is normal during pregnancy, and some blood is no cause for concern on some occasions (my gynae said it could be left over blood or even implementation bleeding.) However, it may indicate something a little more sinister if accompanied by pain, or if it increases, which needs to get checked out sooner rather than later.

If you are concerned, phone your gynae and tell her that its urgent you see her due to an abnormal discharge and on most occasions a gyane will fit you in within a few days.

In my experience GP's are useless with pregnancy as they are too general and you do need to see a gynae if you are worried.

Reply to kitkat
Posted by: MEME | 2008/01/04

Do not worry it will all go away after 3months i also used to be like that i couldnt do a thing always weak and couldnt eat but after exactly 3months it all went away try having a glass of milk and hard biscuits in the morning and lemon juice also helps

Reply to MEME