Question
Posted by: Lau | 2005/11/22

VERY HEAVY PERIOD - NORMAL?

My daughter is 15 years of age. She's expressed her concern over her period. She says she has her period almost every two weeks, and then it is so terribly heavy. She said the night before last she went through 4 tampons, and 4 sanitary towels, and still leaked during the night. The sanitary towels she's using at the moment are the Kotex ones, so not the very thick overnight ones - which I will have to get for her. We just want to know if this is normal to bleed so much at her age. Please, some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It is common for young girls to bleed heavily until there hormones stabilise. It may help to go on the Pill for a while.