Posted by: Carol | 2009/04/16

Very frustrated

Morning Doc

For the past month I have had fairly severe lower abdominal pain , combined with two episodes of bed wetting ....the pain is almost a burning pain.

I have been to the doctor twice , the first time he checked my urine which is clear and diagnosed an irritable bladder.... the medication didnt help and I went back to him....he sent me for a sonar which didnt show any problems ..and finaly did an actual exam (prodded my abdomen) and came to the conclusion that my bowel is in spasm (i do suffer with IBS) ..... and gave me bevispas...he said if the pain doesnt go away he will refer me to a gynae !!!!!

The pain in my colon has now settled a bit but the bladder pain hasnt budged and I wet the bed again.

Im getting to the point where I dont drink any liquid after 4pm.

Im also always tired ... im fed up and miserable . Any suggestion?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Carol
If you had a proper abdominal examination, a gynecological examination, urine test and still no cause found for the pain and bedwetting you need to be referred to an urologist for an examination under anaesthetic. Ask your doctor to give you a referral letter.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.