Question
Posted by: RR | 2005/06/30

Very desperate

I have been sufferring with this yeast infection now for about 3 years. Prior to that I was with the same partner who is now my husband, and we were sexually active, and I nevr had this problem. Now for the past 3 yrs this yeast infection has gotten very bad. I have been to doctors, even a gynae. I was given sporonox by most of the doctors, as well as the gynae. I have to say that even that did not bring relief. I also used sporonox for 5 consecutive days... but to no avail. I have stopped eating cheese. and i try really hard to cut down on the sweet stuff. This is really causing a mojor problem in my sex life, as I am always not able to have sex with my husband most of the time. I dont think that this infection can be present all the time. there must be something that can be done. The gynae even sent a swab to the lab, the result was that there was only very bad yeast infection. Please help me. This is ruinning my life.

RR

Have a look at the Top 5 questions. There are a number of lifestyle changes which may help.

1
Posted by: MH | 2005/06/30

RR,

Have you had your sugar levels tested? A friend of mine had the same problem and it turned out that she is a diabetic. As far as I know high sugar levels can cause this. Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

MH

Reply to MH