Question
Posted by: mac | 2005/07/21

Very bad shakes used to be an alkie

Dear Doc,

Hope you well and that you could pls give me some advice. My mother was an alkie for a long time but has since stopped (been about 5 years), she experiences extreamely bad shakes sometimes it's her hands but now it's gotten so bad she can't hold anything and her legs are shaking constantly too. She normally uses rexten (think that's what it's called) or calmeds is there anything that you would maybe recommend medicine wise?

Thank you,
Mac

Expert ImagePharmacist

Mac,

Your mother will have to consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis. It may be one of various conditions that is causing the "shakes" and can only be treated after seeing a doctor - The