Question
Posted by: Ella | 2004/01/13

VERY BAD DREAMS

I have VERY VIOLENT dreams. Im always in a situation where i kill people like in a battle or some other people kills my family. I dont watch violent movies... i dont have any anger in me and i dont have any intention of killing anyone. Im not in any danger. This has been going on the last 8 years of my life. I havent been in any similar situation like a hijacking or something that can give me these dreams. I have been sleeping with the light on for the last 4 years of my life.

PLEASE help

Dear Ella,
As you'd find if you check out the archives of the forum, I've often discussed the way that most dreams actually have no meaning, however much they seem to do so. Recurrent dreams may sugest simply that something to do with their themes ma represent something of concern to us, and these days, it's impossible for us to live without much input reminding us of what a violent society this is, and how little the authorities seem to be genuienlym interested in dealing with this effectively, so it wouldn't be surprising if anyone was concerned, even at a level they weren't fully aware of, about the possibility of encountering violence. Some counselling might help you to explore these concerns and find better ways to get yourself to more peaceful sleep.

3
Posted by: Mr R | 2004/01/15

I also have terrible nighmares - at least 3 a week. I'm now 34 and this is from I was 5. It leaves we exhaused in the mornings. But its always there - whether I'm happy or not. The way I try and cope is NOT to think about it at all, and forget the dream as soon as I can. If I wake up in a starte and my girl friend ask me to tell her about the dream I definatley refuse, drink some water and sleep again. Whenever my mind turns towards the dream I do something else. By the next day I can only remeber glimpses of it. So in this case - my answer is a sort of denial. It's not perfect but it works for me 95%.

Reply to Mr R
Posted by: ella | 2004/01/13

tried it. doesnt go away

Reply to ella
Posted by: B | 2004/01/13

pray about it

Reply to B