Question
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/04/02

Verwys 1777: Endocarditis???

Alweer ek. Dok het nie my vraag beantwoord nie...

Ek was die hele naweek koorsig/lyfseer/baie moeg en van gister af diarree bygekry, maar dit het darem nou weer bedaar. Keelseer/sinus drup is weg. Intussen sit ek net met 'n permanente hoofpyn, seer nek/gewrigte/voete/enkels/lyf en ek is yskoud en nat gesweet - veral in die aande. Ek wou vanoggend na GP gaan dat hy bloedtoets of iets doen, maar hy is met verlof en kom eers 10de terug.

Ek wil nie my Kardioloog onnodig pla nie (bly 120km ver!) maar wil net weet of ek moet bekommerd wees oor moontlike infeksie? As ek wel 'n infeksie opgedoen het, sal dit vanself weg gaan?

Hallo Cornel
Nee dit sal nie vanself weggaan nie - is daar nie 'n ander GP naby nie? Dan kan hulle tenminste net 'n volbloedtelling doen? Sal jou apteker nie vir jou 'n kursus Penisillien kan gee in die tussentyd nie - net vir voorsorg?

5
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

its not he - its she and she knows me here, so she knows what I am talking about.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Johan | 2007/04/02

did not mean to be rude, but he did not even ask about your foot and you offered the info?!!!!!!!!

Reply to Johan
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

Did I say it was? Don't be so rude.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Johan | 2007/04/02

Cornel, I would advice you to go get help a.s.a.p. you have ALL the symptoms of infective Endocarditis and it can come sudden or gradually (as it seems to be in your case). I had an op in 2005 and afterwards (3 weeks later) had chest pain and extreme difficulty breathing (especially on inhaling deeply) fatique, suffered severe headaches and had aches in all my joints! they were able to treat my infective End., but I had to spend 4 weeks in hospital and have damaged my valve even further.

as for you, Anxious, your foot is not as serious as having troubles with infections in the heart! go away

Reply to Johan
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/02

Cornel

Jong jy sukkel maar baie!

My gp is also away all of this week for the Pass Over and Easter and is also back Tues next week. Personally, I don't think much of my feet, but that's on hold till he gets back! If you ask me you dont have much option but to phone your cardiologist seeing your gp is away. You dont surely necessarily have to go to him. Just explain that your doctor is away, cant he maybe prescribe you something so you can finally get better!

All the best.

Reply to anxious