Question
Posted by: Fred | 2004/11/22

Vertigo complaint

My wife has been diagnosed with Vertigo, following a bout of dizziness and nausea. She is also currently being treated for mild depression, are there any links between the two? What alternative treatments can we try for the Vertigo (other than the prescribed medication)?

Fred, as far as I know there is no direct link between depression and vertigo. The medicine she is taking for the depression might cause the vertigo and having vertigo might make one depressed. I don’t know what she is taking for the vertigo, so it is difficult to suggest an alternative. Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.