Question
Posted by: Linette | 2005/06/30

Verlam ?

My vriendin het begin om "pins and needles" te voel in haar liggaam en toe later heeltemal verlam geword. Sy is onder baie stress. Die dokter se nou dit is n sielkundige probleem. Het jy dalk al van so n geval gehoor ?
Enige hulp is welkom!

Dankie

Yes, I have heard of this sort of reaction. What sometimes happens is that when some people get stressed, they start to over-breathe --- to breathe more deeply and more fast than usual. This has an effect in changing the chemical balances in their blood, and causes pins & needles, and maybe feeling faint, and more anxious, too. So seeing a psychologist to identify and help her to deal with whatever is stressing her could be an excellent idea. And meanwhile, when she gets to feel panicky and prickly, try the effect of her putting a large paper bag over her nose and mouth, so she breaths out into the bag, and when she breathes in again, her breath would include more of the air she had just breathed out --- this way, she might correct some of the chemical imbalance the overbreathing has caused --- try this for a few minutes, and see if her pins and needles subside.

1
Posted by: ringtones free | 2006/08/20

Reply to ringtones free