Question
Posted by: Veins | 2004/12/17

Vericose

Im not sure who to ask about this problem regarding vericose veins.... Firstly let me start by telling you that both my parents have had problems with vericose veins, severe problems and both have had operations to remove the veins.

What scares me is that its definately in my genetics (from both sides), but Im 23 now and have developed a few thin venins on the backs of my knees. I am so worried these will get worse and develp into vericose veins.

Is there anything I can put on these now to stop them from getting worse?

Veins, the best would be to not stand for long times. Exercise like swimming is a good idea too. There are supportive stockings available, but they’re more unsightly than the varicose veins. You can also have the spider veins lasered, but as spider veins don’t go over into those big ugly varicose veins, it won’t stop you from developing them. Good luck.