Question
Posted by: Shiraleeh | 2007/12/17

Verduidelik asb!!

Geagte Dokter, ek wil graag die volgende terme verstaan van Xstrale geneem. Ek het geweldig pyn in my heup . Die uitslag van die Xstale is as volg:
Cervical Spine: There is loss of normal cervical lordosis in keeping with underlying muscle spasm.
Lumbar Spine: Aortic wall calcification was present, probably on the basis of arthero-sclerotic disease. There is a loss of normal lubar lordosis consiststent wirh muscle spasm.
Facetal sclerosis was noted in relation to L5 and S1 in keeping with facetal degenarative change.
As u dit asseblief aan my kan verduidelik sal ek baie waardeer.
Shiraleeh.

Dear Shiraleeh
It means that the normal curve of the neck is straightened out due to muscle spasm
There are signs of calcification of the aorta artery in your abdomen due to cholesterol in the artery - this is fairly common the older you get.
Also the normal curve of the lower back is straightened out due to muscle spasm
Facetal sclerosis was noted in relation to L5 and S1 in keeping with facetal degenarative change
The two small joints on the sides of the vertebra of number 7 in the lower back and number 1 in the hip area is calcified and worn out (due to age maybe? - also common)

2
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2007/12/19

Hallo Shiralee
Nee dit is nie abnormaal om dit op 49 te he nie - skuus ek sien nou eers ek het sommer in Engels geantwoord ook!

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Shiraleeh | 2007/12/18

Dear Doctor, Thank you for explaining this to me. Age is only 49years. Is this not to young for all of this to happen.

Reply to Shiraleeh