Posted by: I | 2008/09/04

Venting &  Hurting

I' m supposedly in a relationship with my baby' s father but not really. I' ve gotten used to having him not be around physically and otherwise  i stopped nagging long ago to avoid the emotional rollercoaster of having him say he' s " not cut out for this (family life)"  or not feeling accountable to me despite late nights and the like &  very limited help with baby. He seems to think it' s my job.
I' m so uninterested in him lately, we might as well just be acquaintances. I don' t feel any love for him nor physical attraction anymore  we' re not a couple as far as I' m concerned  just two people who happen to be in each others'  lives with a baby.
I' m in my twenties but in the past 10 months we' ve had sex no more than 10 times cos he' s never there physically/emotionally or too stressed about some or other issue.
It' s all so meaningless and I feel like I have no one except my friends, but I' m tired of wearing them out with my ever-problematic relationship. It' s not even worth talking to him about what I want, I don' t even want it, not from him anyway, whatever it is. I' m sure if it weren' t for the baby, we' d have absolutely nothing to have a conversation about, let alone share a house.

If he doesn't want the family life and doesn't care for the kid --- what IS the point of being together ? Maybe there is one, but its not apparent in your message. Why do you stay together, rather than separate, move on, and have him pay suitable maintenance for the kid ( he must never be allowed to shirk his responsibilities there )

Posted by: I | 2008/09/04

That' s 3 MONTHS. Sorry!
Not sure if it makes much of a difference!

Reply to I