Question
Posted by: sexless | 2007/07/26

Venlor to Wellbutin

Hi. I am thinking of asking my shrink to change my medication from Venlor XR to Wellbutin XR as with Venlor, my libido is zero and I am destroying my relationship because of it. Any advice on Wellbutin. My shrink says it will make me put on weight. Is this true?

ALL antidepressants help SOME people to put on weight, but this is not an inevitable effect, especially if you watch your diet and exercise levels through the treatment. Some are o the view that Wellbutrin is less likely to cause sexual side-effects than other antidepressants, so the change might help. I still don't see what major advantages lead so many doctors to prescribe Venlor