Posted by: Kelly | 2008/09/03

Veins and bruise like marks

Hi Doc.

Im 25 and have gained abit of weight the past year.
Iv only recently noticed that i have these tiny red veins all over my legs.The theres also this vericose vein at the back of my knee which looks very ugly and on the inner side of my legs there are these round bruise like marks or veins, im not sure what they are.
It might be because my legs are now rubbing against each other because of the weight that i have gained.

How do i get rid of all these veins and why have i gotten them?
Most importantly is it possibly to get rid of it all?

Dear Kelly

Thank you for visiting

These veins are due to increased pressure in your legs, as well as higher levels of estrogen, due to the fact that you are overweight. I recommend that you start with a diet and exercise program, to loose weight. Once you have gotten to your ideal weight, let me know what remains.