Question
Posted by: Rapala | 2007/07/26

Vein on left testical

I would like to know if someone can give me info I want to go and see a uroligist 2months ago after a sperm test was done and all my sperm were dead and a low count and obviously no forward movement, then I was banned from hot baths and jaccuzi, and put on a type of pill (protein) and said if we are not pregnant after 3 months I must come back to see him, 2 months went past nothing as yet and will I ever be able to conceive, and why the dead sperm, what will be the next step, would it be to remove or narrow the vein.

Please advice.

Dear Repala

Before embarking on any operative procedure I would recommend that a repeat sperm analysis be done. Also you should ensure that the abstinence period does not exceed 5 days and should not be less than 3 days. It is well documented that if the abstinence period is excessively long, there is an increase in so-called dead sperm. If however the repeat sperm analysis suggests the same problem then it may well be feasible to deal with the varicocele (vein around the testes).