Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2008/01/15

VEIN

Please help I have a dark blue vein that has popped up which runs along the orbit (bone) of my right eye.I am 25 years old. Please advise what I can do to prevent it from getting worse – i.e. stop caffeine etc. Furthermore – what procedures are available to get ride of this problem which is hampering my self confidence - I have been told it is too deep for IPL . What are the risks of the procedures ( laser , saline etc )

Thank you .

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Blondie, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult with an aesthetic practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist, or a plastic surgeon who can examine the area that concerns you and prescribe the best treatment option.

It is not so much the depth of a vein that limits IPL machines, rather the size (width) of the vein that will determine if IPL is an appropriate treatment or not.
There are a number of side effects and complications that can be experienced with laser vein removal, however, if treated appropriately, side effects should be limited to redness, swelling, ad some crusting.